The name of the series I just completed is called Transcendence 3; it’s a series of 3 pendants.
- 1st – single cherry blossom on a branch
- 2nd – medallion of DC monuments surrounded by the blooming cherry blossoms, with a photo of mine in the middle (from this year’s cherry blossom festival)
- 3rd – set of 2 cherry blossoms on a branch
Materials: fine silver, doming resin, photograph on water color paper, sealant
Reason behind the name:
- In Buddhism, the cherry blossom symbolizes the transience of life – and reminder to appreciate life because time is fleeting.
- The cherry blossoms in DC symbolize the friendship transcending between Japan and the United States; the cherry blossoms around the tidal basin were a gift from Japan.
- In Chinese symbolism, the number 3 symbolizes life, living, and birth. This is also the 3rd cherry blossom piece I’ve made. The first was for the 2007 Fire Mountain Gems Beading competition, the 2nd one was unnamed, and this is the 3rd one!
Critique greatly appreciated!